Sheringham RNLI ~150th Anniversary
- Date 16/07/2017
- Time 13.00 hrs
- Location Station Road Car Park - Grand Parade
SHERINGHAM RNLI 150th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
Sunday 16th July 2017
- Grand Parade starting at the Station Road Car Park to Lifeboat Plain via Station Road and High Street
1.40 Unveiling of a plaque on the wall of Oddfellows Hall (Sheringham’s first RNLI Lifeboat station) to record 150 Years of Sheringham RNLI.
Events on the Main Stage on Lifeboat Plain
2.00 – 2.30 The ‘Shout’ – a competition for young adults to dress as quickly as an RNLI crewman
3.00 – 3.30 The Duncan – Sheringham’s first RNLI lifeboat. Experience storytelling with Steve Banks for children and those young at heart
3.30 – 4.00 The ‘Shout’ – a competition for adults to dress as quickly as a RNLI crewman
4.15 – 4.45 Sea Songs – performed by the children of Sheringham Primary School supported by the Sheringham Shantymen
5.00 – 5.30 Sing Along with – The Sheringham Shantymen and Finale
Also on Lifeboat Plain 2.00 – 5.30:
- Oddfellows Hall will be open for teas. There will be an exhibition of art work by the children of Sheringham Primary School and also an exhibition telling the story of the Sheringham Shantymen.
- An RNLI Atlantic 85 lifeboat:- will be on display and members of the crew will be available to answer your questions and talk about what they do, and how to respect the water and stay safe.
- Souvenir Stalls:- The RNLI, The Sheringham Museum, Sea Cadets and The Sheringham Shantymen will have gifts to suit all pockets including some special anniversary items
Events in the Chequers Car Park (on the seaward side of Lifeboat Plain 2.00 – 5.30
- Marvel at the detail and accuracy of the Model Lifeboat Boats Exhibition
- Witness the traditional skills of Norfolk fishermen, and watch crab & lobster pot making and knot tying demonstrations;
- Become a seafarer from 1867 – children’s face painting.
- Chalk a lifeboat
- See the new Norfolk Sea Scouts and learn about the skills they teach
The Sheringham ‘Mo’ Museum
- with its unique collection of historic Sheringham RNLI Lifeboats will be open (admission charges apply)
- See the RNLI Lifeboat that saved more aircrew in World War II than any other; see the very first Atlantic 75 lifeboat deployed; discover what a rowing lifeboat was like. And so much more……….